Sunday, February 3, 2013

Interview with Tiffany Carmouche, Author of Obsession and Sacrifice

Today, I have Tiffany Carmouche visiting the blog today!  Her book Obsession and Sacrifice is set to be released this month on the 11th!  

Title: Obsession and Sacrifice (Sequel to The Impostor, A Love Story)
Author: Tiffany Carmouche
Expected Release Date: February 11, 2013
Genre: New Adult Suspense Romance
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours











Book Description:
Obsession and Sacrifice is the second book in a romantic trilogy about unexpected love and a woman's fight for survival.

When Nichole wakes up in the hospital room from a coma, she has no memory of who she is or how she got there. Only the scars on her body reveal some horrific event took place and she is lucky to be alive…alive…but could she still be in danger?

Her only hope to rediscover her past and avoid a killer's obsession lies in the hands of two men: sexy Dylan, her boyfriend, who used to captivate her and now prays she will remember how much they cared for one another, and Bradley, her charming best friend, who has secretly loved her all along. She feels safe around both men, but to her, they are strangers. Nicole must decide who to trust, not only with her heart, but with her life.

They are rivals--both men want to win her love. But they are allies as well. The two vow to give her a second chance at life and both will sacrifice everything to make sure she survives.

~~~~~~

What is Obsessions and Sacrifice about?
A review~
“Excellent! - Obsession & Sacrifice is here & it did not disappoint! The second of the trilogy gives you a tiny re-cap of the last chapter from the ‘The Impostor’ & sets the atmosphere ready for the roller-coaster of a read that awaits you! Once again the authors’ descriptive writing connects you right at the heart of the outstanding romance, intrigue, suspense & action. Yet again, Tiffany has written another book that I just couldn’t put down. There are so many different aspects to this book & the author has succeeded in making every chapter progress & flow at an exhilarating pace. Overall it’s a 10/10 from me & I’m here pacing the floor again, ready for the book.”  ~Nicki Wilson
 Who are the main characters in Obsessions and Sacrifice?

Bradley had a charm that mesmerized me. His honor and virtue were apparent in everything he did. In clothes, he easily hid his features, but his athletic physique attracted me as much as Dylan’s.  I disappeared in his arms and felt a sense of security.  I could feel he had been a big part of my past. His heartbeat felt like it completed mine and I longed to be with him.”~Nicole Carlisle, Obsession and Sacrifice
Dylan--so stunning, his large well-defined muscles evenly distributed on his frame. When he held me, I felt like a delicate princess from a fairy tale. He made me feel beautiful. I had trouble concentrating around him. His smooth skin, emphasizing the lines of his muscle strength, and his vigorous power made me crave his security and protection.  He gazed at me with such intensity, baring my soul. He drew me in like a magnet, a force which evoked an obsession within that frightened me.”~Nicole Carlisle, Obsession and Sacrifice
Nicole--“Sassy, that seems like it hasn’t changed.” Then he got quiet.  “It seems like a lot of things haven’t changed.” He shuffled the deck in his hands, fidgeting a little bit. “Nicole, you were full of life. And your smile, your smile lit up any room you walked in. It still does, I mean look at you. Even lying here in the hospital bed, you are breathtaking.”~Bradley Summers, Obsession and Sacrifice
What was the inspiration for the book?
Obsession- I knew I wanted Nicole to be in a coma. Then thoughts filled my head..What would happen if I woke up from one? I started looking into people waking up with amnesia and found it fascinating. Then I started to imagine how it would be, and in a sense it is like a rebirth. You get to experience everything for the first time again. I had fun with it. I like layers and for me there are a lot of layers in the book if you read it. But an underlying theme is rediscovery, survival and friendship.(And of course love).
What made you want to write Romance Suspense instead of just a Contemporary romance?
My book actually started out as a suspense and then I wrote about Dylan, and it became a love story. What was funny is I had told my sister I was about my experience escaping a stalker in Alaska.  I did the nano Challenge and wrote the book  in a month and in the first draft,  the first ¾ the book was about Dylan and Nicole. She laughed and said. “This is definitely a romance. You may have to change the genre.” I couldn’t stop writing about him. Lol  My muse made it a romance! I blame my muse!
Who or what inspires you to write?
I have no clue, just all of a sudden a scene pops into my head word for word and if I don’t write it down it disappears forever… sometimes it poses a problem when I am driving 60mph.
Who is your favorite author? Hard question I know...
I really can’t answer that there are too many great ones! 
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Live life! I love spending time with family.  I love art, I love spending time with facebook friends and bloggers. I love dancing!  I love to mountain bike and enjoy the outdoors. ...
I like to listen to music or watch tv while writing, what do you like to do?
I love silence when I am writing and a cup of coffee. (With lots of cream and sugar) When it is a power writing session and I sit in front of the computer for hours. I usually get something delivered because I don’t want to get up long enough to cook myself something… I know it is terrible.  (I don’t have a house to myself often so when I do I disappear into my novels) I love music to inspire the muse but once the muse is here, I love silence.
When did you start writing?
I don’t remember a time I didn’t like to write. Spelling…now that is a different issue. I would get A’s on composition and C’s in spelling.
Totally random question... I am now totally addicted to Vampire Diaries... Stefan or Damon?  

To be honest I haven’t seen it but just googled them and both are hot! I will have to check it out.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Author Bio:
When Tiffany Carmouché is not writing Romance novels, you can find her sculpting, traveling, teaching, singing, dancing, escaping in music or enjoying her family.
She loves to travel. Sky diving in Alaska, riding camels in Africa, working with orphans in Argentina, dancing salsa in Ecuador, scuba diving in Hawaii, traveling throughout Spain, swimming under the stars in Puerto Rico and walking the cobblestone roads of Assisi, Italy are a few of her adventures. Her most cherished moments, however, have been watching her two beautiful daughters strive to accomplish their dreams.
For many years, she put her passions on hold. She lost sight of who she was and the things that made her truly happy. She says she felt almost defeated, but now she is recommitted to savoring experiences both in the novels she writes and in the life she lives each day. And her secret hope is anyone who is struggling will realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel and no matter how hard the fight, no matter how many times you have been knocked down, it is always worth staggering up to your feet and learning to breathe again.


Ways to Contact Tiffany:
WEBSITE
FAN CLUB FB PAGE
AUTHOR FB PAGE


Book links:
THE IMPOSTER (BOOK 1) AMAZON
THE IMPOSTER (BOOK 1) B&N
THE IMPOSTER (BOOK 1) PAPERBACK
THE IMPOSTER (BOOK 1) ON GOODREADS
OBSESSION AND SACRIFICE ON GOODREADS

Thanks so much Tiffany for visiting the blog today!!  I can't wait to read this series!!  Sounds amazing!!!


2 comments:

Tiffany Carmouche said...

Jessica,
Thank you for having me! The pleasure is mine! I wanted to invite you and your readers to my release day party on February 11th! I look forward to getting to know you and your readers better! Thank you for being a part of this journey! It really means a lot to me. ~Tiffany Carmouche
http://www.facebook.com/events/451092378278148/

Jess's Journal said...

You are welcome anytime!! Thanks for the invite, and will make sure I post about the Release!!! Thanks again for visiting!!

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery