Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Review of Fallen by Lauren Kate


There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.





What drew me to this book to begin with was the cover.  I absolutely loved it!!  In fact, I love all the covers in this series!!

Ok, now on to the book.  My cousin and I have a book club, and this happened to be our first book we read for review.  This book was one of the many that I bought two of by accident.  So, I gave the other one to her, as I knew she was looking for something new to read.  Who knew the two of us would be done it in about two days?!?!  I could not put it down, as I had to find out what happened with Luce, Cam and Daniel.

I felt for Luce, as she was the newcomer in Sword & Cross, a reform school for juvenile delinquents.  There she befriends Arriane, who shows her around the school on her first day, and who quickly is there when she needs her.  Also, there is Penn, who becomes her best friend at the school.  It is on this first day that she first sees Daniel Grigori, and before she even talks to him, things get off on a bad start.  

Throughout the book, she's tormented by what's happened in her past, and trying to deal with these strange shadows that have followed her around her whole life.  Plus, she's getting VERY mixed signals from Daniel, who seems into her, but is pushing her away at the same time.  She's also conflicted as there is Cam that is vying for her attention, and isn't pushing her away like Daniel is.  At first, it seems she's got a hard choice to make between the two of them.  

Soon, Cam does show his true colors, and the choice isn't hard for her to make in the end.  She realizes that Daniel is the one who has always been there for her, and always will.  Who she thought was against her, are actually on her side, and one who she trusted absolutely is against her.  There is one sacrifice that saddened me, just because it was so senseless.  

In the end, it is the battle between good and evil, and Luce finds herself in the middle of it.  The action at the end of the book was amazing, and I could not put it down until I knew she was going to be ok.  There is so much going on at the same time, that I had to read on and on to find out what happens! I've already started Torment, the second book in the series, and am already hooked!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery