Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Interview with Airicka Phoenix!!!





Airicka is one of the amazing authors that I am friends with on FB!!  When I heard she was doing a tour, I asked her right away if I could be a part of it!!  She, of course, then sent me everything for the book!!  I must say, it felt like Christmas morning seeing everything in that email!!  So, please welcome the beautiful Airicka Phoenix to the blog today!! 

     What is Touching Eternity about?
Touching Eternity is the story of Amalie and how her imprisonment and torture brings about a rebellion that will destroy the world.


   Who are the characters in Touching Eternity?
     We meet Garrison again, the villain of the Touch Series. As well as Isaiah and Amalie. We partially met Amalie and Isaiah in Touching Smoke. But this Isaiah is the original whereas the Isaiah in Touching Smoke is a copy, a recreation. (To understand better, Touching Smoke would need to be read first)

3  What or who was the inspiration for the book?
I was inspired to write The Touch Series after working on another series which will be out spring 2013. In the Hunter Series, Clara is battling a demon when she catches a wisp of movement from the corner of her eye. That’s how Amalie was born.



What made you want to write YA?
I have always loved young adult romance, even as a kid. It was harder to find because the books we have today wasn’t available then.

Is it difficult writing Paranormal versus normal reality?
Truthfully, I find paranormal easier to write than contemporary. Contemporary always baffles me.

   What genre do you think you would be writing if you weren’t writing YA?
Adult. It’s something I already have in the works.

     What do you like to do while writing?
Listen to music. I always have music playing while I write.

     How long have you been writing?
Since the third grade when we were asked to write a short story using words and pictures. I rewrote Beauty and the Beast. I’ve been writing since.



     Who is your favorite author and why?
I never know how to answer this because there are so many. There are the usual, Stephan King, Nora Roberts, R.L. Stine… but I have had the honor of meeting so many other authors and… I really don’t know how to answer this one. Lol.

    What is your favorite genre to read?
Young adult. But I will read adult as well.

   What do you like to do when you’re not writing?
I love letting my kids take me into their world. They have the most amazing imaginations and they teach me so much. Otherwise, I like to read.

Thank you so much for having me. It’s been an honor to visit your blog and hang out with you and your readers. I hope we can do it again soon! <3

You are welcome back anytime Airicka!!!  

Airicka has also given an excerpt from the book for everyone to read!!  Here is along with the book trailer!!!

EXCERPT FROM TOUCHING ETERNITY!

“What if your father goes to your room and finds it empty?”
She peeled one eye open, squinted at him. “He’ll come in here and force you to marry me in order to uphold my honor.”
He laughed, smoothing a finger over her cheek. "He wouldn’t have to force me to do anything.” He kissed her gaping mouth. “Come on. Get up.”
Her giggles filled his ear when he nuzzled the spot beneath her the curve of her jaw. She squirmed, but he held her down, biting and nibbling on the smooth stretch of skin. Her squeals faded into soft moans that sent his blood skating with fire. Her fingers tangled in his hair. Her body arched into his, fitting every inch as though she were made specifically for him. His own hand traveled down to her hip. His intentions were to stop her, to restrain her before things went too far, but his hand came up against smooth flesh where her nightgown had bunched, exposing her leg from the hip down and his all good intentions scattered.



,
ABOUT AIRICKA!!!

Airicka Phoenix is the author of TOUCHING SMOKE (Touch Book #1) TOUCHINGETERNITY (Touch 1.5), a short story as part of the Whispered Beginnings: A Clever Fiction Anthology and, two stories as part of the Midnight SurrenderAnthology. When she's not hammering away at the keyboard, she can be found banishing pirates or crawling through the attic looking for lost treasure with her kids. She loves baking, gardening and reading. She also likes to travel and take pictures of everything she comes across. When asked, Airicka describes herself as a sarcastic basket case that has an unhealthy addiction to chocolate, old movies and really bad jokes. She loves to laugh, make friends and write. If she could have one wish granted, it would be to spend one day as a fly-on-the-wall inside Stephen King's mind. If she could have two wishes granted, she would ask for a castle dedicated entirely to her overwhelming collection of books.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I have had the pleasure to read Touching Smoke and I loved it! Airicka is awesome too. I cannot wait until Touching Eternity is released, Im so excited :D

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery