Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Guest Post by Candace Knoebel, Author of Embracing the Flames


THE BOOK

BOOK DESCRIPTION
The Stone of Immortality has always been kept under the watch of the Draconta. That is, until the betrayal of a Fate. Now everything is about to change.

Aurora Megalos accepted her destiny without blinking-even if it meant succumbing to her dragon side. Deemed the Progeny, she left the ordinary life she knew and has done everything in her power to learn the ways of her new realm and what it means to be part dragon. But when her mentor, Astral, suddenly disappears, she is forced to take the reins.

With war on the brink, she sets out on an epic journey to not only find her mentor, but to stop her Arch Enemy, Zordon, from obtaining the Stone of Immortality. But what she discovers about him along the way is far worse than she could’ve ever imagined. She will be tested and pushed to the limit. Lives will be lost, love will be questioned, and a battle will begin.


LINKS TO BOOK 1, BORN IN FLAMES

BOOK 2 WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AMAZON, KOBO, B&N, KOBO AND 48fourteen ON 7/17/2012

~~~~~~~~~

Guest Post - What Inspired the Trilogy

Hello readers!

Our topic for today is one of my favorites...inspiration. As most know, inspiration is what fuels an artist to create. An idea has to spark from somewhere be it something you saw while jogging, something someone said, or a dream that wakes you in the middle of the night.
We need it in order to envision the worlds we think up and the characters we breathe life into. For me, I’ve always loved anything mythical and magical. When I first thought up the idea for the Born in Flames Trilogy, it came from a need to fill a void. Boredom.

I already had a strong love for dragons and magic, so I tried to think of an innovative way to incorporate those things into a new age story. Something young adult and urban. I actually thought of it while picking up my son’s toys after he went to bed. It just struck me out of nowhere and I blindly walked over to the computer and started writing.

In my mind, while plotting, the only way of modernizing a dragon was giving it the option of shape shifting and putting it in the middle of our modern day world as a young adult.

I can’t really explain how Aurora, the protagonist, came to be. She just did. Maybe she came from my need to be something more. Or the longing to jump inside the many books I’ve read and loved while growing up. I think that’s what ultimately sat me down and pushed my fingers to type.

She was a real girl in my mind, one with flaws and all. Someone like me who has real issues and real hopes. She doesn’t just give in to the first guy she sees and she doesn’t jump into any situation without a care in the world.

As I talked out my idea with my best friend, the plot grew larger and more complex, thusly turning it from one book into three. I had the broad idea of where it would start and where it would all end. One idea just sparked into another like a wildfire.

I’m so grateful for these characters. Without them, I would never have known where my true passion was. I wouldn’t have even tried. 

~~~~~~~~

THE AUTHOR
AUTHOR BIO:
Candace Knoebel is the award-winning author of Born in Flames-a young adult fantasy trilogy. Published by 48fourteen in 2012, Born in Flames went on to win Turning the Pages Book of the Year award in February of 2013.
Candace Knoebel dreamed of being a dancer ever since she could remember. With a love of all things art, she saw herself moving to New York and pursuing her passion as an artist. But all that changed on October 10th, 2002 when she met the love of her life. Her dreams diverged and after marrying her high school sweetheart and having two beautiful children, she realized she missed her creative side. Through lunch breaks and late nights after putting her kids to bed, she built a world where she could escape the ever-pressing days of an eight to five Purgatory. Since then, she crawled out of Purgatory and has devoted her time to writing and sometimes heelying.

AUTHOR LINKS:



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery