Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Interview with Dani Morgan, Author of Insanely Drawn!!!


THE BLURB!!!

Your first job out of college. It’s supposed to be a stepping stone or a transitional job, not the single defining decision that will alter the course of your entire life.  Sienna Kennedy never signed on for the craziness, danger and even love that her new job thrust into her world.
But she didn’t run either.
Assigned to a maximum security floor of Western State Hospital for the mentally ill, the last thing she expected to encounter was a reminder of her past.
Cade Collins’ animal magnetism draws her into an unseen world filled with creatures from her wildest imagination. Discovering his story, as well as the very institution in which she works, becomes her obsession. Her every waking moment is consumed with unearthing a way to free the man that has stolen her heart, body and mind.
The secrets Sienna finds will free them of their bonds…or lead them to their doom.  Fate flung the two destined souls together, but how can any love survive in such a demented place, filled with peril and danger?

BOOK LINKS



THE INTERVIEW
1.  What do you love most about being an author? I love creating worlds and living out my own fantasies through my characters.

2.  What do you love about writing? I love stepping away from a project and then going back to it and being transported to whatever situation I wrote about at the time. I also love being able to take out my frustrations with real life in my stories.  I can kill people and never have to go to jail, LOL.

3.  What do you think you would be doing if you weren't an author? I have my real job for now in real estate. It’s flexible and helps me find time to write and take care on my son. I would love to be a screenwriter though. I think visually and many of my clues would work better on screen than in print.

4.  What type of genre are you writing? I am not genre specific. I write paranormal suspense, contemporary erotica, erotic thrillers and even time period romance from time to time.

5.  What type of genre do you like to read? I read everything under the sun.  There is no specific genre I stick to.

6.  When did you start to write? I was around ten but got serious about it within the past three years.

7.  What inspires you to write? I love escaping by creating my own worlds and exorcising my personal demons on paper.

8.  What made you want to start writing? I was an only child and had to preoccupy myself.  I found the stories I made up interesting and started writing them down and eventually sharing them with my friends.  They wanted me to write stories about them so I did.  I never really stopped.

9.  What is Insanely Drawn about? It is about one woman’s struggles to deal with the crazy, mixed up word she finds herself thrown into when she starts working at a mental health hospital.  She meets the hero and their story unfolds quickly. She also discovers the secrets of the staff, putting herself in danger. Ultimately, it reaches the climax and... well I can’t say the rest.

10. Who are the characters in Insanely Drawn? Sienna Kennedy is the heroine of the book, it is her story really. Cade Collins is the hero. I have created a few noteworthy side characters including a father/son doctor team that are both sick and depraved to their very core.

11.  What was the inspiration for the book? I had a dream, a very vivid crazy dream.  When I woke up the next morning, the story was born.

12.  What do you while you're writing?  Ex: Listen to music, watch tv.  I create a playlist for every story and listen to that. If it’s a late night, I have my Starbucks handy. Pretty basic really. 

THE AUTHOR
AUTHOR BIO:
I was always the girl who spent most of her life living in her head, even at an early age. My made up worlds were so much more interesting than real life. In them, anything was possible. I could be a reckless archaeologist digging up a mummy who came to life, terrorize a medieval village by drinking all their blood, start an intergalactic war between rival planets, or ride a wild stallion with a hunky Native brave clad only in a breech cloth, all within the course of a weekend.

Life didn’t stay simple. I had to grow up, get a job, became a wife and mother and put all my dreams on hold. After a change in my life, I found myself a single mom who had plenty of time to fall back into the land of make believe.

One night I opened up my computer and soon several novels were penned. Now I have embarked on a journey to become the person I always envisioned myself to be, an author, sharing my crazy ideas with the world.

AUTHOR LINKS:
 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery