Saturday, February 8, 2014

Review for Beholden To You by Carlie Sexton

Beholden To You.v15 part 2 (1)

Beholden To You Synopsis:
On the heels of tragic loss, the stunning and innocent Natalie Mason, meets handsome business mogul Mac Carter. As Natalie attempts to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, circumstances beyond her control draw her and Mac into a situation she wants kept secret. The two are a matched set having both experienced immense loss in their lives. Uncertain of what she should do, she decides to give fate a chance, opening her heart to Mac, who just wants to love her. But the past, who often times takes no prisoners, rears its ugly head in a double dose. Mac’s ex-girlfriend cannot accept that their love affair is over and takes drastic measures through deception and blackmail to ensure that Mac will be hers. Natalie, on the other hand, has to face the one responsible for her sister’s death. As her journey begins to bring justice and closure, the past transports to her feet an unexpected surprise—a long lost love desiring to posses her as his once again. Will Mac and Natalie’s newly blossoming love be able to endure what the past has delivered or will the victors of their hearts be the old flames who are staking their claim?  

MY REVIEW
Natalie is still reeling from the loss of her both her parents and her little sister Jessica.  When she first meets Mac Carter at Thanksvgiving, she's attracted to him, but is too inside her grief to act upon it. Also, she's gun shy about getting involved with anyone after she got her heart broken.  

When Natalie finds herself in a comprising situation with Mac himself, she wants to keep what happened between them secret.  Mac obliges her, but knows he wants her for himself.  Also, he doesn't want to stop seeing her.  He wants her in his life, and he's willing to do pretty much anything to keep her there.

What he doesn't expect is the determination of his ex Cassie, who wants him back.  He soon finds out there is a clause about his getting married in his parents will.  He doesn't want Cassie back, but he sets out to find out more about this clause.  At the same time, he's determined to court Natalie and get to know her.  The last thing he wants is for Cassie to screw things up with her.  

Natalie is extremely attracted to Mac.  She's also unsure of her feelings.  There are lots of moments where she questions what they have, and whether his feelings are for real.  Nothing tells her otherwise, and she finally decides to give in to her feelings for him.  She loves him, and wants to be with him.  I, honestly, would love it if my husband was as romantic as this man!  To Mac, showing her the romance she deserves, is the way to her heart.

When Natalie is faced with her ex, Tyler, he makes it known that he wants her back, and does not care she's with another man.  What she doesn't realize is someone is out to destroy her and Mac's relationship, but she stands by him.  She loves Mac with everything she has, and she doesn't want to see it destroyed.  

I loved this book!  I loved Mac... he was a woman's dream man!!  He handled every one of Natalie's insecurities and made sure she knew he was always going to be there.  There is one scene in particular that he made absolutely wonderful for her, and I sigh just thinking about it... 

~~~~~~~~~~

love at first sight
Author Bio:
I have always had a passion for reading my entire life. I love it so that I dedicated my life to educating children. As a teacher, I have had the profound pleasure of teaching children to read and explore their imaginations through a good book. Just recently I decided to write a story that had been on my mind. Now I have several that I want to turn into additional books. Writing has become a passion that I dearly love. I live with my handsome husband in Southern California. We enjoy the relaxed lifestyle that California provides. We have two beautiful dogs, but on children.
20 Fun Facts About Carlie Sexton:
  1. I was born in Louisiana. Still consider myself a Southern Belle, even though I have lived in California longer.
  2. I never eat lima beans because they remind me of stink bugs.
  3. In high school, my favorite sport in P.E. was archery.
  4. My toes are always painted.
  5. I lived in Hawaii from 5-9 years old. Learned to hula then.
  6. I’m technically challenged and didn’t send my first text until August~2013.
  7. I met my hubby at a church singles group.
  8. When writing the Killer Next Door series, I watched all of the Dexter episodes in about a month!
  9. My favorite color is purple, but I only have 2 purple items in my closet.
  10. I have 2 dogs. One whines and one groans to get my attention.
  11. My hubby is complicated and I modeled Neil after his assertive side and Mac after his perceptive, nurturing side.
  12. My favorite super hero is Wonder Woman.
  13. I’m addicted to mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  14. I became a teacher at 35.
  15. My hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it.
  16. My favorite wine is Moscato.
  17. I never played Scrabble until I was in my 30’s.
  18. In college I drove a Camaro.
  19. I love decorating and my home has an Italian flare to it.
  20. I eat an apple and a pear every day.
mac love natalie

Meet the Characters:
Dreamcast


Mac proclaims love

Excerpt:
She looked so open and carefree, that all I wanted to do was scoop her into my arms and kiss her. “I’m going to lay my cards on the table, no pun intended. I like you. I have from the moment you walked into the Statton’s kitchen. I’d like for us to get to know each other better and I want to start dating you when we return to San Diego. How do you feel about that?” Natalie looked down at her hands for a moment. When she looked up at me she had a coy smile on her face. “I’d like that.” I was so happy I acted on impulse. I leaned in and kissed her, gently at first, but then I couldn’t hold back and I invaded her mouth with my tongue, stroking hers in an erotic dance. My hands found her waist and I pulled her toward me, positioning her on top of me, her legs straddling my hips. She kissed me back with a passion I hadn’t experienced before, like she had been dying to be kissed and I was the cure. I untied her robe and slid my hands around her ribs. She was wearing a tank top and boxers. I debated running my hands over her breasts, but in light of her inexperience, I didn’t want to move too fast. So I just continued kissing her, pulling her body close to mine as she moaned in my mouth, causing my blood to overheat. I wanted her and I wanted her bad.

Penetrated heart


Social Media Links:

Book Trailer Links:
jacuzzi 
Neil's plea to Kate

Buy Links:
BTY Amazon Global Link: http://myBook.to/btyamazon
BTY Barnes & Nobel Global Link: http://bit.ly/1dDoVyo
Books for sale-2
The Killer Next Door Series
FFY Amazon Global Link: ‪http://myBook.to/ffyamazon
TBY Amazon Global Link: ‪http://myBook.to/tbyamazon
GTY Amazon Global Link: ‪http://myBook.to/gtyamazon
Mac waiting for Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery