Monday, February 17, 2014

Review for Not Another Soldier by Samantha Holt!!


TOUR-ABOUTBOOK     

Title: Not Another Solider  
Author: Samantha Holt  
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Suspense  
Release Date: 17th January 2014
 
 


 
I've just buried my husband. I was going to divorce him and now he’s dead.
After five years as a military wife, Sienna is moving on. She’s keen to leave behind the misery of her marriage to Rob but for some reason the past won’t let her go. It doesn't help that her closest friend, Nick, is also a soldier. Unfortunately Sienna is struggling to deny her attraction to the sexy marine, even knowing there can be no future in it. When the injured soldier admits he wants her just as badly, and has always wanted her, the fight to control her feelings becomes harder.

And now she’s learning things about her late husband that surprise even her. When the secrets of Rob’s life come to light, Sienna finds herself involved with some very nasty people and Nick is determined to protect her, no matter what.

As the danger grows to both her heart and her life, Sienna needs to decide if it was the army that was the problem or her late husband. Is Nick worth the heartache of being a military spouse again? And will he be able to protect her from the ring of drug dealers slowly closing in?

 

TOUR-BUYTBRLINK
   

MY REVIEW
Sienna has just buried her husband Rob.  He's a Marine, but she didn't lose him to enemy fire.  She lost him because he was drunk driving and lost control of the car.

Her husband wasn't a nice man.  He drank mostly, and cheated on her numerous times.  Her one salvation was Nick, Rob's best friend.  He's also a Marine, but he treats Sienna the way she deserves to be treated.  He knows how horrible she's been treated, but has maintained his distance from her.  When Rob passes away, he is now free to show his feelings for Sienna that he couldn't before.

Sienna has sworn against being with another solider.  She knows that Nick would never hurt her, but because of Rob, she doesn't want to get involved.  She isn't used to someone being kind to her, and looking out for her.  She's attracted to Nick, but is afraid of the feelings she has.  She doesn't want to lose him.

When she finds out some horrible things that Rob was involved in, she finds herself involved with some very shady people.  People that could end her life very easily.  Nick is terrified about what could happen, and is shocked to see how far his friend had fallen.  He got himself involved with someone who hid very well in plain sight.  

I really loved this book!  I understood why Sienna would be gunshy about getting involved with Nick, but she doesn't realize how determined he is to change her mind.  He's loved her for so long, and is frustrated that she won't give them a chance.  He makes it known that he's not going to give up on them being together.  He wants to take care of her; the way Rob never did.  

  TOUR-EXCERPT 
 
The little skip, skip of my heart is slightly sickening. How can I go from scared to… to so needy in less than ten seconds? The sight of Nick on my bed seems to short circuit my brain. I’m pretty sure I can feel explosions going on behind my eyes. Memories of being pressed against him, of him inside me, combust in my mind.
]
One arm comes around my waist and draws me close in understanding. I wish he couldn't read me so well sometimes. The fear of earlier has been replaced with something much more urgent and frightening. His thumb rubs roughly across my cheek as he coaxes my face up and away from his chest. His eyes are sincere and guilt jabs me for even imagining he might hurt me. My chest tightens as his callused thumb continues to smooth across my face. I want it. I can’t help it. I need him to kiss me. My lips tingle in anticipation and I hold my breath.

I don’t know if it’s adrenaline that numbs my common sense when it comes to Nick or what, but the pain in my neck has all but gone. The hammering of my heart is replaced with a steady throb of desire. His gaze drops to my lips and I wait for him to close the distance between us but I suspect he’s waiting for my permission.

I tighten my grip on the back of his neck, almost fearful he might pull away, and I bring my lips to his. We hover there, exchange breaths and heat for a moment, and when we finally connect it’s slow and acute. I’m aware of every tiny touch of his lips on mine. Before I can deepen it, he pulls back and drops his hand to my wine-soaked top. His smile tilts.

“We need to get you out of that top.”




      Borderland Legacy - Author Photo    
Samantha lives in a small village in England with her gorgeous twin girls and husband who is a trained bodyguard and ex-soldier (Yes, seriously!). She traditionally writes historical romances involving chivalrous knights and hot highlanders, but occasionally dabbles in contemporary romance. When she reluctantly leaves her computer, she enjoys exploring old ruins and indulging an early midlife crisis. Adrenaline filled suggestions for the bucket list are always welcome!

  TOUR-FOLLOWLINKS     

Find Samantha on Facebook
    TOUR-GIVEAWAY    

Prizes 1 Paperback copy of Not Another Soldier 
3 x $2.99 ebook of readers choice

 

  Tour Hosted By:
myfamilyheartbutton

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for being part of the tour today and for the wonderful review - Tonya

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for having me, Jess! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and review x

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery