Friday, March 29, 2013

Review of Love and Blood by Jessica Gibson!!

Title: Love and Blood
Author: Jessica Gibson          
Genre: Paranormal
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours




Blurb:
Bronwyn Fitzgibbons was young and reckless. It was easy for Ronan to steal her human life and make her a vampire. She ran, but she never forgot him--or how he made her feel.

Rider saved Bronwyn from the new life she loathed and the new self she detested. His love restored her sanity.

Now Ronan is back to claim her. She struggles like hell against him, but she cannot deny the overwhelming power of her maker. Will Bronwyn surrender to the one who could possess her utterly? Or can she find the strength to choose the one who loves her as she is?


Bronwyn is conflicted.  She loves two men, and doesn't know how to choose which one she wants.  

The first is Ronan.  The one who made her a vampire.  Her feelings for him are complicated, and always have been.  She does escape him and is saved by the second man she loves.  Rider.  He loves her completely, and is frustrated by her constant desire for Ronan when he's so obviously bad for her.  The one thing Wyn cannot abide by is Ronan's constant killing of innocents; she's always known he's a Sociopath, but can not accept it.  

While she's struggling to keep away from Ronan, a mutual friend of her and Rider's comes to them for help.  Tucker has just discovered some very upsetting news about his father, and he needs help taking care of the problem.  They both offer help, along with her close friend Carly and Seraphina.  Little does she know how this night will end.

I loved Rider, and I loved her with Rider.  She could be herself, and he accepted her for who she was.  There were no games between them.  They honestly and truly loved each other.  He made it clear to her that no matter what happened between them, he would always love her.  He is frustrated with Ronan's constant harrassment of Bronwyn, and is more frustrated at her indecision about her feelings for him.  

Then there is Ronan... I didn't care for him.  I thought he was always trying to manipulate Wyn into coming with him, even though he knew she didn't want to be with him.  It was like he didn't want to her to be fully happy, and wanted to control her.  I really wanted to tell him to leave her the hell alone and find someone else.  I know that he sired her, but because of that, he felt that he owned her and I didn't like that.  

In the end, she is faced with a choice, and it is one that was surprising to me.  It also made me sad... 

I loved this book!! There was constant action and it kept me wanting to read more!  My only complaint about the book as a whole?  It was too short!  I wanted to read more about what would happened with everyone and was disappointed to come to the end.  I wanted to read more about Rider, just because he was smexy as hell!!!  

The second book in this series is released this month, and I can't not wait to read that.  I want to know what happens with them all!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author Bio:
Jessica Gibson is a recovering bookaholic, she's down from four books a week to a more reasonable one. It was that love of words and creativity that made her dream about writing her first book. That dream was hidden for years, always put on the back burner, filed away in the "someday" section, until her husband Matt gave her the kick in the pants she needed to actually get off her butt and write.
Jessica and Matt live in Southern California and have a serious addiction to reality tv shows like Pawn Stars and American Restoration. They have one son and hope to add to the family in the near future.

Aside from writing, she runs an online event planning business called the Release Day Diva. In addition to novels, Jessica writes and maintains the blog Book on the Bright Side. Keep up with Jessica and her latest releases and events on her blog.

LINKS:

EXCERPT
Rider slid Bronwyn behind him as though she were a child who needed to be protected. “You should leave now, Ronan. Bronwyn and I have things to discuss.”

Ronan smiled at him and folded his arms over his chest, “I’m not leaving, Rider.”

“Are you guys going to whip them out to see whose is bigger next?” Bronwyn spat out, as she stalked up to her front door. Before she could turn the handle, Rider was next to her.
“Give me a minute and I’ll be right in.”

Bronwyn rolled her eyes and opened the door, shutting both men out. She heard shouting but she blocked it out as she walked straight back to her room.
Seraph stormed into her room an instant later. 
“Want to tell me what’s going on in the front yard?”

Bronwyn rolled her eyes. “Not really.”

Seraph’s eyes flashed and magic sizzled across her skin. “Let me rephrase that, what the hell is happening out there?”
Bronwyn knew better than to argue with Seraph when she got like that. 

“Ronan and I were on somewhat of a date and we ran into Rider; who in turn, snatched me up and brought me here. I believe right now they’re deciding who gets to come inside.” 

All of this was said in a bland sort of voice, as though two very ancient vampires were not about to start a bloodbath on the front lawn.

Seraph glared at her, “So what, you’re just going to let them fight?”
Bronwyn shrugged, “What am I supposed to do about it? They’re both older and stronger than me; I couldn’t stop them if I tried.”

Magic exploded from Seraph’s skin, her whole body glowed  with shimmering pulses, her eyes pure white. “Get the hell outside, Bronwyn,” She screamed in a voice that was not hers.

During the entire time that they had been friends, Bronwyn had only seen Seraph mad one other time, and it didn’t end well for the ones she was mad at. Seraph shoved her roughly toward the door to her room. She walked out and down the hall and out the front door. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery