Monday, December 23, 2013

Review for Your Exception by Bria Starr!!


Logan Kalford was Wren Summers’ dream come true.
All I’d ever wanted was to fall in love and be loved in return.
Logan stole my heart when I least expected it. He was sexy, adventurous, and the way he played guitar left me weak in the knees. He made me happy. He made me think I’d found the one. And he made me believe in happy endings.
I knew he was my forever. I thought he knew it too.
I was wrong.
He destroyed everything I thought we had and shattered my dreams of us. He left me heartbroken. He made me doubt myself.
And he didn’t even seem to care…
Now I must let go. But how can I when he still consumes me?
How do you walk away from what you know was real?


THE REVIEW

I swear I wanted this review up first thing this morning, but when I plan something... it never happens the way I want it.  Between wrapping, baking, and crocheting my last gift, I've finally found two minutes to get online and post it.  Also, my 10 yr old has decided he NEEDS to find his Mario 3D Land game for his 3ds RIGHT NOW!  It's somewhere in my house..... just don't ask me where...

Ok!!  Now... the review.  I was up until after two this morning reading this!!  I gotta say I loved it!!  

Wren has decided she's done with men after she catches her boyfriend of two years cheating on her with one of her friends.  That is... until she meets Logan.  He's the guitarist for a band playing at the bar The Edge where she is working part time.  She decides he's gorgeous, but she's going to keep her distance.  Unfortunately, her best friend Cassidy has other plans, since she wants the singer Jack.  

What she didn't expect was Logan wanted to spend time with her.  When they have one amazing night of talking all night, she realizes she's fallen for him.  It wasn't something she expected to do, but he seems like he returns the feelings.  Soon though, he seems to start making it clear he wants nothing to do with her.

After standing her up, she notices he's drifting away from her.  His texts are one worded or nothing at all, and after she confronts him about it, he breaks her heart.  What makes it worse, there's no explanation as to why he wants out.  He even goes as far as giving her the line... 'It's not you, it's me'.  She's devastated, but she knows she's to get on with her life.  

At the same time, her ex starts making her life a living hell.  He wants her back, and doesn't care what he has to do to get her back.  If that means physically dragging her from the bar, so be it.  Thankfully, she has friends who are looking out for her, and stop him before any damage is done.  Soon, she finds herself getting attention from two different guys.  Zach and Aaron.  She conflicted, as she and Zach have been friends for years.  She knows he has feelings for her, but she knows she's never feel the same, and tells him as much when he tells her what his true feelings are.  

There is a reason why she can't feel for them more then anything past friendship.  

Logan.  

He's forever in her mind, and he makes it hard because he's always in the background wanting to spend time with her.  She doesn't know what his game is, but for her sanity she needs to know what he's got planned, since he didn't seem to care about her feelings when were together.

I really loved this book! I loved Logan, and thought he was perfect for Wren.  I did want to give a kick in the ass when he was disregarding her feelings for him and brushing her off like she meant nothing. He does smarten up, and does everything he can to prove to her that he means business where his feelings are concerned.  He wants her, and he loves her, and will do anything to get to her back.

Wren is conflicted.  She knows that she shouldn't love Logan, but her heart has other plans.  She wants to be with Zach, but knows she can't settle for comfort and safety.  It wouldn't be fair to him or to her, and knows he needs to find the one for him.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE AUTHOR;
Bria Starr grew up in a small town in Minnesota and continues to live there with her husband and beautiful baby girl. She’s a stay at home mom who is very close with her family, loves junk food, and is always cold. Her favorite things include reading books, writing, listening to music, and watching too many movies.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bria-Starr-Author/180078098828468


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Bakin' up Blogs Design Copyright © 2011 The Blog Bakery